WAREHOUSE OPRATION FUNDAMENTALS
Warehouses vary a lot in term of dimensions, functionality, storage and handling equipment used, technology applied. However, Warehouses are key elements in the supply chain of any company and industry. A well designed and operated Warehouse allows an efficient and effective logistics, enabling to meet the business goals and client expectations. But the reality is that most of the time warehouse operations lack of proper knowledge in designing and managing correctly.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is designed for junior employees, young professionals or those who has little or no experience in Warehouse operations and want to build strong fundamentals on the topic. The training will be delivered in English, thus, a minimum requirement for English should be at Intermediate level.
CONTENT AND TEACHING APPROACH
The program will be structured in 7 main topics:
1. Warehouse facilities and operations
2. Warehouse inbound processes
3. Warehouse outbound processes
4. Warehouse support processes
5. Picking strategies
6. Picking methodologies
7. Storage and handling equipment for picking
Different teaching methodologies will be used:
· Group activities
· Interactive discussion
BENEFITS OF LEARNING
The program intends to provide the fundamentals of warehouse operations to young professionals who want to develop their career in logistics.
After attending this course the participants will be able:
· Identify all kind of different warehouse operations and their characteristics
· Describe the warehouse inbound, outbound and support processes, their key goals and relevancy for a warehouse operation
· Understand the different picking strategies, methodologies and the necessary equipment to maximize the process efficiency
The course duration will be of 3 full days, 8:30am – 5pm.
Andrea Tretti has a long experience in Warehouse Operations in Europe, South America and Asia. He has lead and executed projects related to process improvement, layout optimization, Warehouse Management System implementation, greenfield distribution center design, among others.
Fees: 450 US$/pax/3 days of training
Early bird and group discounts are available.
For registration or further inquiries for in-house training, please contact:
CEL Supply Chain Excellence Training Center